Why have a Doula?
Why have a doula? The benefits of having a doula are innumerable. In some first world countries, having a doula has become indispensable because they understand the importance of the doula’s role during prenatal, delivery, and postpartum. Many studies have proven the benefits of having a doula. I will list them in the topics below:
- 25% reduction in the duration of labor;
- 40% reduction in the use of oxytocin;
- 30% reduction in the use of epidural;
- 50% reduction in the rate of cesarean sections;
- 40% reduction in the use of forceps;
- 60% reduction in requests for epidural analgesia;
- Best Apgar score of 5 minutes;
- Better satisfaction with the delivery experience;
- Lower incidence of postpartum depression;
These are just a few benefits and are more related to Vaginal Delivery. In another post, I will talk more about the benefits of having a Doula in Cesarean Delivery.